- Cambridge-Isanti Schools
- District Homepage
Top 12 Back to School Questions
Top 12 Back to School Questions
- Will there be a regular schedule? Yes! Students will attend school five days a week, as published in our 2021-2022 calendar.
- Will we have to wear face masks? Face masks will not be required in school buildings, but those who wish to wear them are welcome to.
School buses fall under “public transportation,” so face coverings will be required on buses until the federal government changes public transportation requirements. (These are the same requirements that apply to flying in airplanes or riding a train.)
- Is the COVID Vaccine required for students? COVID vaccines are not required to attend school; they are strongly recommended by the CDC for everyone age 12 and older. MDH has additional resources and guidance for those interested.
- What health and safety protocols will the schools continue from last year? We will continue to follow all state/federal health and safety mandates; we are not preparing any additional local restrictions.
Frequent hand washing is a healthy habit. We will continue to have regular hand washing breaks in school and maintain many of our cleaning and sanitizing practices. We will urge families and staff to monitor for illness and stay home when sick, and we will maintain 3 feet of social distance whenever possible.
- Are there new school start and end times for next year and what are they? Yes. As a reminder, we will have new school start/end times in the coming school year because of the need to change transportation models. Younger students will ride separately from older students on buses, and we will have shorter overall ride times for students.
Elementary schools will start earlier and secondary schools will be on the second tier. The times have changed slightly since originally published in April. So, please double-check the start and end times for your school.
ECSE Sessions: 7:50 - 10:35 a.m. and 11:50 a.m. - 2:35 p.m.
Preschool: 7:50 - 10:35 a.m. and 11:50 a.m. - 2:35 p.m.
Elementary Student Day (Instructional Day):
CPS: Start/End 7:30 a.m. - 2:05 p.m.
CIS: Start/End 7:30 a.m. - 2:05 p.m.
IPS/SFAS: Start/End 7:30 a.m. - 2:05 p.m.
IIS/SFAS: Start/End 7:35 a.m. - 2:18 p.m.
Secondary Student Days (Instructional Day):
CIHS: Start/End 8:25 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
CMS: Start/End 8:45 a.m. - 3:31 p.m.
IMS: Start/End 8:40 a.m. - 3:26 p.m.
Woodland Campus (Instructional Day):
Brookside Academy Primary: Start/End 7:25 a.m. - 2:05 p.m.
Brookside Academy Secondary: Start/End 8:40 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Moving Forward: Start/End 8:40 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Riverside Academy: Start/End 8:45 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- When will new bus schedules be available? Preliminary bus route pick-up and drop-off times will be sent out by August 10. This is approximately one month prior to school starting. In a typical year, this process takes place two weeks prior to school. We know that families are eager to plan schedules with the changes in start and end times; therefore, the preliminary (subject to change) times will be expedited.
We encourage all families to use our transportation this year! We will be back to 100% capacity. We have been able to reduce the length of bus rides for students, provide more age-appropriate services, and look forward to shorter drop-off and pick-up lines at schools.
- What before/after school supervision or child care options are available
PreK to Grade 5: Adventure Center is a fee-based program that serves children in PreK to Grade 5. Adventure Center offers a safe, fun, and enriching space for elementary and preschool students to play, learn, and grow during out of school time. Activities include: after school snack, homework time, free play, crafts, and more. Our hours of operation are 6:00 am-6:00 pm. For more information contact Pat Bourke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-689-6180.
Grades 6-8: There will be an organized before school program at each middle school for students arriving prior to 8:15 AM. The program will run, tentatively, from 7:30 to 8:30 AM. Students arriving at school during this time will need to register and are expected to participate in the program. You can expect additional information from your middle school in August.
- How can I be sure to get all the information I need from schools? Review your Skyward Family Access periodically to make sure we have current information on file for your child. Under the Student Info tab, you may request changes to student information, health information, family contact information, and emergency contact information.
We strongly encourage all families to provide the District with at least one mobile phone number for text messaging. If you were not receiving text messages from the Superintendent last year (each time an email was sent), please add or edit your cell/text number in Skyward to the THIRD phone field. Text messages will only be sent to the THIRD phone number. If your primary number and mobile number are the same, please put the number in both the #1 and #3 phone contact fields.
School E-Newsletters will be your primary source of information, in addition to periodic emails and text messages from the District. You may also want to bookmark the Cambridge-Isanti Schools website. We will use your contact information (email, phone or text) from Skyward to communicate.
- Does everyone have to verify their Skyward Family Access information? Yes. In support of our efforts to increase broadband access in our community, we will be collecting information on digital technology access at home, so we need every family to complete the verification.
To complete the verification, log into your Skyward Family Access account and click the Student Information Verification button in the menu bar. After each step, click the button on the bottom of the screen to move to the next step. Once each step is checked off, review your information and click Submit.
- Will you allow volunteers and parent visits to school this year? Yes. We are excited to welcome parents and volunteers back into our schools. We are partners in your child’s education and we believe the more adults we have supporting our children, the better for all. Learn more about volunteering in our schools on our volunteer webpage.
- Do I need to deposit lunch money for my child this year? The Federal School Lunch program will continue to provide school breakfast and lunch to all students at no cost to families this year. We will also be bringing back more of our à la carte options available for purchase through student lunch accounts. It is a good idea to deposit money in your child’s account through Skyward Family Access if your child will be purchasing à la carte options. Regardless, we encourage all families to complete an Application for Educational Benefits to receive potential discounts on sports and activities, community education classes, drivers education classes, SAT/ACT testing, transportation, home broadband connectivity, and to qualify for pandemic-EBT benefits.
- When will school supply lists be available? Supply lists are already available on our website 24/7 from any device—even on your smartphone while you’re out at the store. Simply click on the school and the grade level. Lists are also conveniently linked to popular online stores for easy online ordering and check-out.