- Cambridge-Isanti Schools
- District Homepage
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CLASS OF 2020!
You are an uncommon class, for an uncommon time.
VISIT THE CLASS OF 2020 GRADUATION WEBSITE
The Graduation Ceremony has been planned in a manner that satisfies each of the following objectives:
- safety- providing for a predictable and controlled environment to ensure the safety and health of our graduates, families, and staff members;
- celebration- honoring the tremendous accomplishments of our graduates; and
- efficiency- creating a plan that permits over 360 graduates the opportunity to cross the stage over the course of only seven hours of filming.
On June 5th the graduates should wear their cap and gown to the drive-through ceremony. The graduates will be videotaped walking across the stage and receiving the traditional diploma cover as their name is read by our graduation announcers. The video recordings of the graduates will be merged with a welcome message, student speeches, messages from our principal and superintendent, the reading of graduate names, and the presentation of the Class of 2020. A digital copy of the ceremony will be available for the graduates, families, and friends to watch by June 25th.
We ask everyone to demonstrate the Bluejacket Way in their conduct before, during, and after the ceremony. The following guidelines must be observed to ensure a safe, honoring, and efficient ceremony:
- One vehicle will be permitted per graduate’s household. Students residing in multiple households were invited to request a second vehicle in our May 22nd communication.
- Community members, families, and friends may not walk to the ceremony or participate outside of vehicles. The roads in front of the school and the entire campus will be closed to anyone other than event staff, graduates, and family members in vehicles.
- Families are asked to use the quietest vehicle available to them. The names of graduates will be read as they cross the stage. Loud vehicles and drivers honking horns or revving engines will prevent names from being clearly heard and will negatively impact the quality of the video recording of the ceremony.
- RV’s, motorhomes, unusually large vehicles, and convertibles will not be permitted. Family members are not permitted to ride in the bed of trucks.
- Please be mindful that cars may be idling for some time while in line and staging for their time slot. Check your fuel or fill your tank before joining the graduation line.
- All family members must remain inside their vehicles throughout the ceremony.
- Graduates and family members should stay at home if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc.).
- All attendees and participants are to abide by District policies to keep our campus alcohol, tobacco, and chemical-free areas.
- Follow all directions given by law enforcement and school staff.
- Please plan accordingly as public and portable bathrooms will not be available.
The ceremony will occur outside of the CIHS main entrance rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, information about delays will be sent to families via voice message, text message, twitter, web, and email.
Coordinating an event of this scale required the assistance of many community partners. We would like to publicly thank these individuals and organizations for allowing this event to occur:
- School Resource Officer Kevin Gross
- Isanti County Public Health and Isanti County Administrator Julia Lines
- Isanti County Sheriff’s Office and Sheriff Chris Caulk
- Isanti Police Department and Chief Travis Muyres
- Cambridge Police Department and Chief Todd Schuster
- Isanti Mayor Jeff Johnson
- Cambridge Mayor Jim Godfrey
We look forward to celebrating the Class of 2020 as they complete their journey as students at Cambridge-Isanti High School. As we have said prior and will continue to communicate, this is an uncommon group of students. They have faced every adversity they have encountered with a positive attitude, positive efforts, and positive actions. Their legacy will live on forever because of how they have responded to every situation they have encountered.
Finally, thank you to the parents/guardians of the Class of 2020 for your grace and patience. You have been understanding with us as we have worked to provide a ceremony that not only highlights our incredible students but also honors the health guidelines placed upon schools in regard to graduations.
Resources for Friday, June 5th
- Vehicle Flow Map
- Event Site Map
- Stage Area Map
- Link to May 22nd Communication
- Graduation 2020 YouTube Instructions
Please direct questions to CIHS Assistant Principal Eric Nelson at email@example.com.