What is Title I?
Title I is a federally funded program through the Elementary & Secondary Act (ESEA) designed to provide support to students who are performing below grade level in reading and/or math. The goal is to emphasize high academic standards in an effort to help students succeed in the classroom and reach grade level performance.
What are some typical Title I services?
In Cambridge-Isanti Schools our Title I schools have a Schoolwide Tile I model which means all students in the school are provided with additional support to address the needs of all the students at that school. Cambridge-Isanti Title I Schoolwide schools focus on providing additional support in reading and math instruction and may provide additional support in attendance, school climate, etc.
Do all Cambridge Isanti Schools have a Title I program?
No. The Federal law requires that Title I programs are available in schools with the greatest concentration of low-income families. Cambridge Isanti Title I schools are Cambridge Primary, Isanti Primary, Cambridge Intermediate and Isanti Intermediate. Please review each school’s website to learn more about their Title I Schoolwide Program.
How are parents/guardians involved?
In schoolwide programs, parents are invited to attend the school’s annual Title I Meeting. Parents, staff and students may participate in the development and carrying out of a compact that spells out the goals and shared responsibilities of the child, school and parents for student success. Parents are encouraged to participate in Title I meetings and learning opportunities.
As a parent/guardian, you have the right to…
- know the qualifications of your child’s teacher
- expect regular communication with your school in a language that you can understand
- know how your child’s school is rated on its state test scores
- work with other parents and staff to develop a school-level parent compact between the school and its families
- work with teachers, parents and the school principal to develop your school’s family involvement plan
Parent's Right to Know
At the beginning of each school year, school districts must notify parents of children attending Title I schools that they can request information regarding their children's teachers. In addition, if students are taught by a teacher who is not highly qualified the parents of students in Title I schools must be notified, in a timely manner, if their child has been assigned to, or has been taught for four or more consecutive weeks by, a teacher who is not highly qualified. Please know that ALL Cambridge-Isanti teachers are highly qualified.
We are excited that you are taking the time to support your child’s learning through Title I services.
Our goal in Title I is to help children understand the basics of math and reading in order for them to be successful in their grade level classroom instruction. It is important that we work together as parents, students, and teachers to ensure that your child reaches his or her academic standards. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child, please feel free to contact us.
- CPS Reading Record of Continuous Improvement
- CPS Math Record of Continuous Improvement
- CPS - Parent Involvement Plan
- IPS Reading Record of Continuous Improvement
- IPS Math Record of Continuous Improvement
- IPS - Parent Involvement Plan
- CIS Reading Record of Continuous Improvement
- CIS Math Record of Continuous Improvement
- CIS - Parent Involvement Plan
- IIS Reading Record of Continuous Improvement
- IIS Math Record of Continuous Improvement
- IIS - Parent Involvement Plan