POLICY 902 - USE OF SCHOOL DISTRICT FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidelines for community use of school facilities and equipment.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
The school board encourages maximum use of school facilities and equipment for community purposes if, in its judgment, that use will not interfere with use for school purposes. Use of Cambridge-Isanti Schools’ facilities will be governed by all applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
III. SCHEDULED COMMUNITY EDUCATION CLASSES AND ACTIVITIES
- The school district administration shall be charged with the process of scheduling rooms and special areas for community education classes and activities planned to be offered during each session.
- Procedures for providing publicity, registration, and collection of fees shall be the responsibility of the school district administration.
- Registration fees may be structured to include a pro-rata portion of costs for custodial services that may be needed.
IV. GENERAL COMMUNITY USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
- The school board may authorize the use of school facilities by community groups or individuals. Such use will not be considered an endorsement of such organizations, groups or individuals by the school district. The district may impose reasonable regulations and conditions upon the use of school facilities as it deems appropriate.
- Requests for use of school facilities by community groups or individuals shall be made through the school district administrative office. The administration will present recommended procedures for the processing and review of requests to the school board. Upon approval by the school board, such procedures shall be an addendum to this policy.
- The school board may require a rental fee for the use of school facilities. Such fee may include the cost of custodial and supervisory service if deemed necessary. It may also require a deposit or surety bond for the proper use and repair of damage to school facilities. A rental fee schedule, deposit or surety bond schedule, and payment procedure shall be presented for review and approval by the school board.
- When emergencies or unusual circumstances arise that necessitate rescheduling the use of school facilities, every effort will be made to find acceptable alternative meeting space.
V. USE OF SCHOOL EQUIPMENT
The administration will present a procedure to the school board for review and approval regarding the type of equipment that is available for community use, the extent to which it may be utilized, and the manner by which it may be scheduled for use and any charges to be made relating thereto. Upon approval of the school board, such procedure shall be an addendum to this policy.
VI. RULES FOR USE OF FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
The school board expects members of the community who use facilities and equipment to do so with respect for school district property and an understanding of proper use. Individuals and groups shall be responsible for damage to facilities and equipment. A certificate of insurance may be required by the school district to ensure payment for these damages and any liability for injuries.
Funds received for the leasing and rental of school facilities and equipment shall be distributed as follows:
- General Fund - 88%
- Community Service Fund - 10%
- Equipment Replacement - 2%
Source: Cambridge-Isanti Schools
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.51 (Schoolhouses and Sites; Access for Noncurricular Purposes)
- Policy 801 (Equal Access to School Facilities)
- Policy 901 (Community Education)
Reviewed: 3-20-97, 11-10-98, 3-17-03, 1-22-04, 05-18-17, 07-22-21
Approved: 12-16-74, 6-16-80, 2-5-85, 4-24-03, 2-19-04, 06-22-17, 08-19-21
100 - School District
200 - School Board
300 - Administration
400 - Employees/Personnel
500 - Students
600 - Education Programs
700 - Non-Instructional Operations and Business Services
800 - Building and Sites
900 - School/Community Relations