POLICY 608 - INSTRUCTIONAL SERVICES – SPECIAL EDUCATION
The purpose of this policy is to set forth the position of the school board on the need to provide special educational services to some students in the school district.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
The school board recognizes that some students need special education and further recognizes the importance of providing a free appropriate public education and delivery system for students in need of special education.
- The school board accepts its responsibility to identify, evaluate, and provide special education and related services for disabled children who are properly the responsibility of the school district and who meet the criteria to qualify for special education and related services as set forth in Minnesota and federal law.
- The school district shall ensure that all qualified children with a disability are provided special education and related services that are appropriate to their educational needs.
- When such services require or result from interagency cooperation, the school district shall participate in such interagency activities in compliance with applicable federal and state law.
Source: Cambridge-Isanti Schools
- Minn. Stat. § 124D.03 (Enrollment Options Program)
- Minn. Stat. § 125A.02 (Definition of Child with a Disability)
- Minn. Stat. §§ 125A.027, 125A.03, 125A.08, 125A.15, and 125A.29 (District Obligations)
- 20 U.S.C. § 1400 et seq. (Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004)
- Policy 402 (Disability Nondiscrimination Policy)
- Policy 508 (Extended School Year for Certain Students with Individualized Education Programs)
- Policy 509 (Enrollment of Nonresident Students)
- Policy 521 (Student Disability Nondiscrimination)
Reviewed: 05-23-02, 04-22-04, 04-20-06, 05-22-08, 07-22-10, 01-23-20
Approved: 06-20-02, 05-20-04, 05-18-06, 05-22-08, 07-22-10, 02-20-20, 04-21-22
100 - School District
200 - School Board
300 - Administration
400 - Employees/Personnel
500 - Students
600 - Education Programs
700 - Non-Instructional Operations and Business Services
800 - Building and Sites
900 - School/Community Relations