POLICY 605 - ALTERNATIVE PROGRAMS
The purpose of this policy is to recognize the need for alternative education programs for some school district students.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
The school board recognizes the importance of alternative program options for some students. Circumstances may be such that some students are at risk of not being able to continue or to complete their education programs. It is the policy of the school board that options shall be made available for some students to select educational alternatives that will enhance their opportunity to complete their education programs, recognizing that some students may become successful learners if given an opportunity to learn in a different environment and through different learning opportunities.
- It shall be the responsibility of the superintendent to identify alternative program opportunities to be made available to students who may be at risk, to recommend such alternative programs to the school board for approval, and to familiarize students and parents with the availability of such alternative programs. The superintendent shall, through cooperative efforts with other schools, agencies, and organizations, periodically recommend additional or modified alternative educational programs to the school board.
- The superintendent shall have discretionary authority to develop guidelines and directives to implement school board policy relating to alternative programs.
Source: Cambridge-Isanti Schools
- Minn. Stat. § 120A.22, Subd. 8 (Compulsory Instruction)
- Minn. Stat. § 121A.41, Subd. 11 (Definitions – Alternative Educational Services)
- Minn. Stat. § 121A.45, Subd. 1 (Grounds for Dismissal)
- Minn. Stat. § 123A.06 (State-Approved Alternative Programs and Services)
- Minn. Stat. § 124D.66 (Assurance of Mastery Programs)
- Minn. Stat. § 124D.68 (Graduation Incentives Programs)
- Minn. Stat. § 124D.74 (American Indian Language and Cultural Educational Programs)
- Minn. Stat. § 125A.50 (Alternative Delivery of Specialized Instructional Services)
- Policy 603 (Curriculum Development)
- Policy 604 (Instructional Curriculum
Reviewed: 05-23-02, 01-20-05, 07-22-10, 01-23-20
Approved: 06-20-02, 01-20-05, 07-22-10, 2-20-20
100 - School District
200 - School Board
300 - Administration
400 - Employees/Personnel
500 - Students
600 - Education Programs
700 - Non-Instructional Operations and Business Services
800 - Building and Sites
900 - School/Community Relations