POLICY 510 - SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
The purpose of this policy is to impart to students, employees and the community the school district’s policy related to the student activity program.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
School activities provide additional opportunities for students to pursue special interests that contribute to their physical, mental and emotional well-being. They are of secondary importance in relationship to the formal instructional program; however, they complement the instructional program in providing students with additional opportunities for growth and development.
- The school board expects all students who participate in school sponsored activities to represent the school and community in a responsible manner. All rules pertaining to student conduct and student discipline extend to school activities.
- The school board expects all spectators at school sponsored activities, including parents, employees, and other members of the public, to behave in an appropriate manner at those activities. Students and employees may be subject to discipline and parents and other spectators may be subject to sanctions for engaging in misbehavior or inappropriate, illegal or unsportsmanlike behavior at these activities or events.
- It shall be the responsibility of the superintendent to disseminate information needed to inform students, parents, staff and the community of the opportunities available within the school activity program and the rules of participation.
- Those students who participate in Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) activities must also abide by the league rules. It shall be the responsibility of those employees who conduct MSHSL activities to familiarize students and parents with all applicable rules, penalties, and opportunities.
- The superintendent shall be responsible for conducting an annual evaluation of school activity programs and presenting the results and any recommendations to the school board.
Source: Cambridge-Isanti Schools
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.49 (Cocurricular and Extracurricular Activities)
- Policy 503 (Student Attendance)
- Policy 506 (Student Discipline)
- MSBA Service Manual, Chapter 1 – Extracurricular Activities; Insurance: Subd. 2 and Subd. 5, Chapter 3 –Staff Development Program: Subd 1a, Chapter 5: Post Secondary Enrollment – Options Act, Subd. 11, Chapter 7: High School Raffles – Subd. 5, Chapter 10: Duties, Policies, Criteria, Rules of Board, Subd. 7, Chapter 13: Contracting Requirements – Contracts Requiring Neither Bids nor Quotations, j., Chapter 13: Discussion of the Equal Access Act, I.
Reviewed: 3-21-02, 09-21-17
Approved: 4-18-02, 10-12-17
100 - School District
200 - School Board
300 - Administration
400 - Employees/Personnel
500 - Students
600 - Education Programs
700 - Non-Instructional Operations and Business Services
800 - Building and Sites
900 - School/Community Relations