POLICY 402 - DISABILITY NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY
The purpose of this policy is to provide a fair employment setting for all persons and to comply with state and federal law.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
- The school district shall not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities because of the disabilities of such individuals in regard to job application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, job training, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
- The school district shall not engage in contractual or other arrangements that have the effect of subjecting its qualified applicants or employees with disabilities to discrimination on the basis of disability. The school district shall not exclude or otherwise deny equal jobs or job benefits to a qualified individual because of the known disability of an individual with whom the qualified individual is known to have a relationship or association.
- The school district shall make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or employee, unless the accommodation would impose undue hardship on the operation of the business of the school district.
- Any job applicant or employee wishing to discuss the need for a reasonable accommodation, or other matters related to a disability or the enforcement and application of this policy, should contact Shawn Kirkeide, Director of Administrative Services and Human Resources, 625A Main St. N., Cambridge, MN 55008, (763)689-6235, firstname.lastname@example.org. This individual is the school district’s appointed ADA/Section 504 coordinator.
Source: Cambridge-Isanti Schools
- Minn. Stat. Ch. 363A (Minnesota Human Rights Act)
- 29 U.S.C. § 794 et seq. (Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973)
- 42 U.S.C. § 12101 (Americans with Disabilities Act)
- 29 C.F.R. Part 32
- 34 C.F.R. Part 104
- Policy 413 (Harassment and Violence)
- Policy 521 (Student Disability Nondiscrimination)
Reviewed: 06-21-01, 04-22-04, 05-18-17, 09-23-21
Approved: 07-23-01, 05-20-04, 06-22-17, 10-14-21, 04-21-22
100 - School District
200 - School Board
300 - Administration
400 - Employees/Personnel
500 - Students
600 - Education Programs
700 - Non-Instructional Operations and Business Services
800 - Building and Sites
900 - School/Community Relations