POLICY 304 - SUPERINTENDENT CONTRACT, DUTIES, AND EVALUATION
The purpose of this policy is to provide for the use of an employment contract with the superintendent, a position description and the use of an approved instrument to evaluate performance.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
- The superintendent’s contract shall be used to formalize the employment relationship and to specifically identify and clarify all conditions of employment with the superintendent.
- The specific duties for which the superintendent is accountable shall be set forth in a position description for the superintendent and shall be measured by a performance appraisal instrument approved by the school board in consultation with the superintendent. The school board shall use this instrument to periodically evaluate the performance of the superintendent.
- The school board may use the model contract approved by the boards of the Minnesota School Boards Association and the Minnesota Association of School Administrators as a model instrument.
Source: Cambridge-Isanti Schools
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.143 (Superintendent)
- MSBA Service Manual, Chapter 3, Superintendent of Schools (See Model Contract, Sample Performance Appraisals, and Model Job Description)
Reviewed: 1-24-02, 2-19-04, 01-19-17, 06-24-21
Approved: 2-21-02, 2-19-04, 02-23-17, 07-22-21
100 - School District
200 - School Board
300 - Administration
400 - Employees/Personnel
500 - Students
600 - Education Programs
700 - Non-Instructional Operations and Business Services
800 - Building and Sites
900 - School/Community Relations