POLICY 303 - SUPERINTENDENT SELECTION
The purpose of this policy is to convey to the school community that the authority to select and employ a superintendent is vested in the school board.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
The school board shall employ a superintendent to serve as the chief executive officer of the school district and to conduct the daily operations of the school district.
The school board shall consider applicants who meet or exceed the licensing standards set by the Minnesota Board of School Administrators and qualifications established in the job description for the superintendent position. State and federal equal employment and nondiscrimination requirements shall be observed throughout the recruitment and selection process.
The school board will consider professional preparation, experience, skill, and demonstrated competence of qualified applicants in making a final decision.
- A process for recruitment, screening, and interviewing of candidates shall be developed by the school board.
- The school board may contract for assistance in the search for a superintendent.
- The school board shall provide the contract for the superintendent and specifically identify all conditions of employment mutually agreed upon with the superintendent. In so doing, the school board shall observe all requirements of state and federal law and school board policy.
Source: Cambridge-Isanti Schools
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.143 (Superintendent)
- Minn. Rules, Chapter 3512
Reviewed: 01-24-02, 04-22-04, 01-19-17, 06-24-21
Approved: 02-21-02, 04-22-04, 02-23-17, 07-22-21
100 - School District
200 - School Board
300 - Administration
400 - Employees/Personnel
500 - Students
600 - Education Programs
700 - Non-Instructional Operations and Business Services
800 - Building and Sites
900 - School/Community Relations