POLICY 302 - SUPERINTENDENT
The purpose of this policy is to recognize the importance of the role of the superintendent and the overall responsibility of that position within the school district.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
The school board shall employ a superintendent who shall serve as an ex officio, nonvoting member of the school board and as chief executive officer of the school system.
III. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- The superintendent is responsible for the management of the schools, the administration of all school district policies, and is directly accountable to the school board.
- The superintendent shall annually evaluate each principal assigned responsibility for supervising a school building in the district.
- The superintendent may delegate responsibilities to other school district personnel, but shall continue to be accountable for actions taken under such delegation.
- Where responsibilities are not specifically prescribed, nor school board policy applicable, the superintendent shall use personal and professional judgment, subject to review by the school board.
Source: Cambridge-Isanti Schools
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.143 (Superintendent)
- Policy 202 (School Board Officers)
- Policy 208 (Development, Adoption, and Implementation of Policies)
- Policy 214 (Out-of-State Travel by School Board Members)
- Policy 301 (School District Administration)
- Policy 303 (Superintendent Selection)
- Policy 304 (Superintendent Contract, Duties, and Evaluation)
- Policy 305 (Policy Implementation)
- Policy 306 (Administrator Code of Ethics)
- Policy 412 (Expense Reimbursement)
- Policy 510 (School Activities)
- Policy 511 (Student Fundraising)
- Policy 513 (Student Promotion, Retention, and Program Design)
- Policy 602 (Organization of School Calendar and School Day)
- Policy 605 (Alternative Programs)
- Policy 701 (Establishment and Adoption of School District Budget)
- Policy 704 (Development and Maintenance of an Inventory of Fixed Assets and a Fixed Asset Accounting System)
- Policy 802 (Disposition of Obsolete Equipment and Material)
- Policy 903 (Visitors to School District Buildings and Sites)
- Policy 905 (Advertising)
- Policy 906 (Community Notification of Predatory Offenders)
- Policy 907 (Rewards)
- MSBA Service Manual, Chapter 3, Superintendent of Schools
Reviewed: 1-24-02, 04-23-15, 3-26-20
Approved: 2-21-02, 05-21-15, 9-24-20
100 - School District
200 - School Board
300 - Administration
400 - Employees/Personnel
500 - Students
600 - Education Programs
700 - Non-Instructional Operations and Business Services
800 - Building and Sites
900 - School/Community Relations