POLICY 301.2 - POSITION DESCRIPTIONS
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that Cambridge-Isanti Schools’ positions are described through current job descriptions. The job descriptions will include all positions except substitute and part-time or seasonal personnel. The position description system is designed to help ensure that Cambridge-Isanti Schools is efficient and effective in meeting the needs of its students.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
- The superintendent or his/her designee shall develop and implement a system of job descriptions for all regular employees of Cambridge-Isanti Schools.
- Job descriptions will include a consistent format. Major areas in job descriptions will include:
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work Requirements and Characteristics
- Job outcomes
- Working conditions
- Job descriptions will be developed for new job classifications, and updated on a regular basis.
- Job descriptions will be approved by the supervising administrator and the Director of Administrative Services and Human Resources.
- Job descriptions will be utilized for purposes such as job postings, hiring decisions, pay equity, and staff pattern analysis.
- Job descriptions will be retained on file by the Human Resources Department.
Source: Cambridge-Isanti Schools
Reviewed: 7-18-02, 01-19-17
Approved: 8-22-02, 02-23-17
100 - School District
200 - School Board
300 - Administration
400 - Employees/Personnel
500 - Students
600 - Education Programs
700 - Non-Instructional Operations and Business Services
800 - Building and Sites
900 - School/Community Relations