POLICY 215 - STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE TO THE SCHOOL BOARD
The student perspective is of great value to the school board, and the board desires to provide a forum for student voices.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
To enable the school board to gain firsthand reactions from students regarding the decisions that affect students in their educational development, a student representative from Cambridge-Isanti High School to the board is herein authorized. The following are established as policy guidelines.
III. SELECTION AND SERVICE OF STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE
- The role of the student selected is advisory to and not as a voting member of the Board.
- The student representative(s) may be a student council member or selected from social studies classes as determined by the principal and student council advisor.
- The student shall serve a one year term corresponding to the school year. In the event it is not possible to serve the entire year, assignments may be changed at the semester.
- The student will sit with the Board at all regular meetings and study sessions, but will not be permitted to attend closed meetings.
- The student may attend regional or state school board conferences when Cambridge-Isanti Schools Board members are present.
IV. RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE
- The student representative will be bound by all rules and regulations which bind the Board within law.
- The Board shall reserve the right to bar the participation of the student representative if actions of said representative are unacceptable to the Board.
- The student representative will not be furnished with materials/information pertaining to:
- Sensitive personnel matters
- Legal action strategy
- Negotiations strategy
- Land acquisition
- Individual student discipline/family matters
- Other confidential material
Source: Cambridge-Isanti Schools
- Policy 203 – Operation of the School Board
- Policy 203.1 – School Board Procedures
- Policy 203.2 – Order of Regular School Board Meeting
- Policy 203.5 – School Board Meeting Agenda
- Policy 209 – Code of Ethics
Reviewed: 7-18-02, 9-18-14, 9-19-19
Approved: 8-18-85, 7-24-86, 11-19-90, 8-22-02, 10-23-14, 10-24-19
100 - School District
200 - School Board
300 - Administration
400 - Employees/Personnel
500 - Students
600 - Education Programs
700 - Non-Instructional Operations and Business Services
800 - Building and Sites
900 - School/Community Relations