POLICY 212 - SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER DEVELOPMENT
Continuous training and board member development is a priority in order to have well educated members of the school board.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
In recognition of the need for continuing inservice training and development for its members, the purpose of this policy is to encourage the members of the school board to participate in professional development activities designed for them so that they may perform their responsibilities.
- New school board members will be provided the opportunity and encouragement to attend the orientation and training sessions sponsored by the Minnesota School Boards Association (MSBA).
- School board members shall receive training in school finance and management developed in consultation with MSBA.
- All school board members are encouraged to participate in school board and related workshops and activities sponsored by local, state, and national school boards associations, as well as in the activities of other educational groups.
- School board members are expected to report back to the school board with materials of interest gathered at the various meetings and workshops.
- The school board will reimburse the necessary expenses of all school board members who attend meetings and conventions pertaining to school activities and the objectives of the school board, within the approved policy and budget allocations of the school district relating to the reimbursement of expenses involving the attendance at workshops and conventions.
Source: Cambridge-Isanti Schools
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.09, Subd. 2 (School Board Member Training)
- Policy 214 Out-of-State Travel by School Board Members
- Policy 412 Expense Reimbursement
Reviewed: 1-24-02, 2-21-06, 11-20-08, 9-18-14, 9-19-19
Approved: 2-21-02, 3-23-06, 11-20-08, 10-23-14, 10-24-19
100 - School District
200 - School Board
300 - Administration
400 - Employees/Personnel
500 - Students
600 - Education Programs
700 - Non-Instructional Operations and Business Services
800 - Building and Sites
900 - School/Community Relations