POLICY 104 - SCHOOL DISTRICT MISSION STATEMENT
The purpose of this policy is to establish a clear statement of the purpose for which the school district exists.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
The school board believes that a mission statement should be adopted. The mission statement should be based on the beliefs and values of the community, should direct any change effort and should be the basis on which decisions are made. The school board, on behalf of and with extensive participation by the community, should develop a consensus among its members regarding the nature of the enterprise the school board governs, the purposes it serves, the constituencies it should consider, including student representation, and the results it intends to produce.
III. MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Cambridge-Isanti Schools, in partnership with our community, is to educate, empower, and inspire every student, every day, to achieve their full potential.
IV. WE BELIEVE
- Every person deserves to be valued, feel safe, supported and included with compassion and respect.
- Every individual has skills and talents that make them uniquely equipped to contribute as a responsible citizen.
- Education provides enhanced access to opportunities.
- Engagement in lifelong learning begins at birth.
- Communication, critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and adaptability are necessary to thrive in a changing world.
- Multiple and differing perspectives contribute to informed decision making and learning.
- Honesty and integrity are essential to all positive relationships.
- Success can come from working through adversity.
- Learning occurs best when social, emotional, physical and mental health needs are met.
- Hiring, retaining and supporting a highly effective staff will lead to a successful educational environment.
- Collaboration with families and caregivers is crucial to a learner’s development.
- Involvement in meaningful activities enriches life.
- Strong communities and schools support each other.
The school board will review the school district’s mission every three years. The school board may conduct a comprehensive review of the mission, including the beliefs and values of the community, every five to seven years.
Source: Cambridge-Isanti Schools
Legal References: Minn. Stat. § 120B.11 (School District Process for Reviewing Curriculum, Instruction, and Student Achievement; Striving for the World’s Best Workforce)
Reviewed: 11-15-01, 02-24-05, 05-22-08, 04-23-15, 03-25-21, 03-23-23
Approved: 02-18-82, 03-20-01, 12-20-01, 03-17-05, 05-22-08, 05-21-15, 04-22-21, 04-20-23
100 - School District
200 - School Board
300 - Administration
400 - Employees/Personnel
500 - Students
600 - Education Programs
700 - Non-Instructional Operations and Business Services
800 - Building and Sites
900 - School/Community Relations