Don’t miss out on the opportunity to send your elementary child to fun, engaging, and exciting ALL NEW opportunities this summer — at NO COST to you. Our school district secured a state grant to fund learning adventures this summer. There are a variety of experiences available to students of all ages. Some of our program information can be found below. Sign-up your child TODAY! Registration is required in advance.
Summer Field Trips
There will be six full-day excursions for students entering grades one through five. Sign-up your child TODAY! Registration is required in advance. Field trips will be supervised by summer staff. Free bag lunches will be provided. Trips depart from and return to Cambridge Middle School. Specific departure times will be emailed to registered families the week prior to the trip.
- June 21: Fawn-Doe-Rosa & the Franconia Sculpture Park (Grades 1-2)
- June 22: Snake River Fur Post (Grades 3-5)
- June 23: Minnesota Zoo (Grades 1-2)
- June 23: Twin's Game (Grades 6-8)
- June 28: Oliver Kelley Farm (Grades 1-5)
- June 30: Minnesota Zoo (Grades 3-5)
- June 30: Minnesota History Center & State Capital tour (Grades 6-8)
- August 2: Science Museum of Minnesota (Grades 1-2)
- August 3: Sea Life Mall of America and FlyOver America (Grades 3-5)
- August 3: Science Museum of MN (Grades 6-8)
- August 4: Crayola Experience & FlyOver America (Mall of America) (Grades 1-2)
- August 9: Science Museum of MN (Grades 3-5)
- August 10: To Be Determined (Grades 6-8)
- August 11: STEM Discovery at Base Camp (Fort Snelling) (Grades 1-2)
- August 11: Base Camp at Fort Snelling (Grades 3-5)
Middle School Hangout
Middle school years are all about socialization. We have a free program for all middle schoolers to hang out at Cambridge and Isanti Middle Schools this summer. Designed to create a welcoming and fun space for middle schoolers to spend their time, with lots of student choice: open gym, hangout spaces, art, science, and other enrichment classes. Free bag lunches are available daily. Classes are taught by school staff and local community instructors. Programming runs Tuesday through Thursdays, 8:00 am - 2:30 pm. Select 1-4 weeks for sign-up.
- June 21-23 (Week 1), includes field trip to afternoon Twins game
- June 28-30 (Week 2), includes field trip to MN History Center & State Capitol
- August 2-4 (Week 3), includes field trip to MN Science Museum
- August 9-11 (Week 4), field trip location will be finalized soon!
C-I STEAM Camp
Gear up for Bluejacket STEAM Summer Camp August 8-11, hosted at our new C-I STEAM School located within Isanti Intermediate School. Students entering grades 1-6 can explore the selected themes of engineering and animal science. The camp will culminate with a full-day field trip. If your child likes to tinker, is curious and/or wants to know why and how things work, this will be a fun week of learning for them! To register, please use the appropriate grade-level summer registration form listed above.
Free Summer Tutoring (ReadingCorp)
Minnesota Reading Corps and Math Corps are offering free virtual tutoring this summer! Students who are in need of extra practice and skill-building will be matched with a tutor who will provide daily tutoring via Zoom. All tutors are trained in evidence-based methods proven to help students improve their reading and math skills. Powered by AmeriCorps, there is no fee for families who receive tutoring for their students. Note that space is limited.
Tutoring Dates: June 6 – August 20, 2022
Tutoring Schedule: 30 Minutes daily, Monday – Friday between hours of 9 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Eligible Grades & Subjects based on grade during 2021-22 school year
Kindergarten-3rd (Reading or Math)
Grades 4-8 (Math)
FREE academic enrichment and recreation program available directly following targeted services morning program. This program will include daily activities for students in art, science, literacy, cultural exploration, and more. Afternoon classes will be hands-on, engaging, and designed to keep students interested and learning with their friends.
Students must be registered to attend. Click here to register your child(ren) for this free program. Students not registered will be expected to be picked up or take bus home after targeted services classes end at 11:30 am.More details with specific classes and activities will be shared with registered participants the last week of school. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 11-July 28, Monday-Thursdays
- Hosted at Cambridge and Isanti Middle Schools
- Directly after targeted services, 11:30 am-3:30 pm
- Open to students entering grades 1-8
- FREE lunch provided
- Busing provided to neighborhood stops at 3:30 pm