Parent Right to Know
In compliance with the No Child Left Behind Act, Cambridge-Isanti Schools is notifying parents/guardians of their rights, as identified below, to request and receive information on their children’s teachers and education assistants. The information listed below is available to all parents; however, Cambridge-Isanti Schools is specifically required to notify parents of this right for students attending schools that receive Title I Part A funding. These include the following elementary schools: Cambridge Primary School, Isanti Primary School, Cambridge Intermediate School, Isanti Intermediate School. Parents have a right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers who instruct their children. Federal law allows parents to ask for certain information about their children’s classroom teachers, and requires the district to provide this information in a timely manner when asked. Specifically, parents have the right to ask for the following information about each of their children’s classroom teachers:
- Whether the Minnesota Department of Education has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches;
- Whether the Minnesota Department of Education has decided that the teacher can teach in a classroom without being licensed or qualified under state regulations because of special circumstances;
- The teacher’s college major; whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees; and,
- Whether any education assistants provide services to your child and, if they do, their qualifications.
The public can view an educator’s license at any time by going to the following link at the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE):
Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB)
Information may also be requested from the district. Please submit requests to Pamela Mix, Human Resources Specialist, Cambridge-Isanti Schools, 625A Main Street North, Cambridge, MN 55008.
Please include the following for whom you would like this information:
- Your child’s name
- School your child attends
- The information you are requesting
- Names of the teachers or education assistants
Brenda Damiani, Ed.D.
Director of Teaching and Learning
Human Resources Specialist