School Closing Announcements and Alerts will be Listed Below
eLearning Day Processes and Procedures
Cambridge-Isanti Schools, as the leader in innovative education, believes that learning can and should occur anytime and anywhere. With this in mind we have created a Flexible eLearning Plan in the event of school closure due to inclement weather where school can be in session without students and staff being physically present in our schools. This Flexible eLearning Plan will redefine what it means to have a "snow day".
eLearning Day Hangouts Meet and Teacher Phone Numbers
If you have any questions you can contact your teachers at their "special" eLearning day phone number by clicking the button above and looking up your teachers phone number. These numbers are different than their regular contact phone numbers. Teachers will be available at this number from 10am-3pm.
Communications About a Flexible eLearning Day
The school district will make an announcement in the same manner of a school closing however it will be stated that we would be having school following the eLearning Day Plan. By 9:30am. In the event that parents have any additional questions, they can reach out to their student's classroom teacher via the "special" eLearning day phone by clicking the "eLearning Day Teacher Contact Phone Numbers" button at the top of this page.
Flexible eLearning Day Plan for K-5
- Teachers will send home "Choice Boards" for eLearning Days if possible, otherwise they can be accessed at: http://bit.ly/CIChoiceBoards
- At the K-5 level students need to complete activities from the appropriate choice board for their school and grade level.
- Work assigned on the Flexible eLearning Day will be review of work already covered in class.
- Completion of the "Choice Board" assignments are due 1 week upon returning to school from the Flexible eLearning Day. This sheet needs to be signed by a parent or guardian.
Flexible eLearning Day Plan for Grades 6-12
- Teachers will communicate assignment expectations with students via email and/or their Google Classroom/Schoology course site.
- Students have been trained on where and how to access these assignments.
- Flexible eLearning Day assignments are due within 1 week upon returning to school from the eLearning Day.
- Teachers will be available by school email and "special" eLearning Day phone numbers available at http://bit.ly/eLearnRooms
More information about the Flexible eLearning Day can be found HERE.