Welcome to the world of community education in Cambridge-Isanti Schools, a cornerstone of life-long learning and growth in Minnesota. From early childhood through adulthood, our variety of programs, including youth activities, adult classes, Adventure Center, driver's education, and volunteer opportunities, offers something for everyone. Join us in fostering a culture of lifelong learning and exploration right here in our local community.
Community education is required by statute to have an advisory council that is representative of the communities which we serve, intended to ensure programs and opportunities meet community needs and desires. Currently, there are Advisory Councils for Early Childhood Programs and general Community Education. These groups meet monthly during the school year to learn about various programs and give feedback, ideas, and information to department staff.
Council members should:
- Represent a cross section of the community
- Be an ambassador for Community Education
- Seek ways and opportunities for collaborative efforts
- See citizen involvement as an effective way to make things happen
Advisory Council member involvement and sample meeting topics:
- Collaborate with department leadership to effectively implement program and district mission and goals
- Review and provide feedback on policies and procedures
- Budget influence and guidance
- Provide insight and feedback on special initiatives / special projects
- Sounding board for department leadership
If you are interested in learning more about these opportunities please call the Director of Community Education at (763) 689-6220.