Tier I Emergency Child Care
When in a distance learning or hybrid model, Cambridge-Isanti Schools will follow the direction of the Governor and provide emergency child care during regular school hours for children of critical workers on the Tier I State critical workers list. This list has evolved since March so please recheck the list to verify if your family qualifies. As stated in the MDE guidance, "The school-age care for children of critical workers is intended for extreme circumstances in which no parent or guardian is at home, due to employment as a critical worker." If students are in a two-parent household, both parents must be critical workers (if only one parent is a critical worker see the Alternative Options information below). This care will be for school children ages 12 and under and will be at no cost to Tier I families.Qualifications (Must meet all of the following criteria):
- The student is school-aged and age 12 and under
- Family is in an extreme circumstance in which no parent or guardian is at home, due to employment as a critical worker
- If the student is in a two-parent household, both parents must be critical workers
- View Critical Worker list
- Tier one child care is located at your child's school (CPS, CIS, CMS, IPS, IIS, IMS)
- Child care is provided from 7:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m on the days children are in distance learning. There will be no childcare provided on non-instructional days as shown on the C-I Schools school calendar.
- Transportation through the district bus system is provided. You must set up transportation for days that all students are in distance learning.
- Breakfast and lunch are available at no cost from food service or you can send lunch with your child.
- Please send a snack and a labeled water bottle, shoes and appropriate outdoor clothing with your child daily. Please do not send personal toys or items from home.
- Distance learning time will be scheduled into the day. Your child must bring their Chromebook or packets with them.
- Notice of school /Tier one child care closings due to inclement weather will be posted on the District's webpage.
If your family meets the qualifications of the emergency childcare as listed above, please call 763-689-6214.
Adventure Center is offering full-day Kindergarten through 5th-grade child care for families that have only one critical worker parent in a two-parent household at a reduced rate from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm during a distance learning model. Please contact Pat Bourke for more information 763-689-6180 or register on Eleyo: c-ischools.ce.eleyo.com