The Junior High School building, grades 6th - 9th, is located at 626 North Main Street in Cambridge. This site is located across the street from the Education Center. School starts at 8:15 a.m. and ends at 2:45 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Please see school calendar for specific schedule.
The Riverside Academy - Junior High is an off-site program for students in 6th through 9th grade needing a change in environment due to various reasons. Resident building referral and meet state graduation incentives is required. Students will enter the program with established goals for transition back to their resident district middle school or high school. The environment encourages students to work toward success in specific academic, emotional and social challenges as the staff use Positive Behavior Intervention strategies (PBIS) and "Point Sheet" practices. Study skills, project completion, homework completion, attendance, classroom engagement, time management, character education, communication and the value of education will be emphasized. All required classes will be scheduled.
The Junior High Programs' mission is to provide a safe environment where students, as individuals, will have the opportunity to achieve success academically, socially and emotionally.
- We believe all students desire to be successful;
- We believe all students can learn and apply coping skills for life;
- We believe students may lack the support, skills, self-discipline, encouragement, resources or opportunity to fulfill their school goals;
- We believe by demonstrating respectful relationships toward themselves and others, students will set and accomplish their goals;
- We believe feedback is essential for personal growth;
- We believe parents and guardians need to be actively involved in a student's education.
Roots of Success at Riverside Academy - Junior High are Founded in the
Cambridge-Isanti Schools Commitment to
THE BLUEJACKET WAY
We show COMPASSION (Kindness & Consideration)
We exhibit HONESTY (Truthfulness & Sincerity)
We practice RESPECT (Politeness & Humility)
We demonstrate RESPONSIBILITY (Dependability & Accountability)
We display SELF-DISCIPLINE (Attentiveness & Mindfulness)