EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
I. PURPOSE -
The purpose of this policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants for school district employment and school district employees.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
A. The policy of the school district is to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The school district does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status, or veteran status. The school district also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.
B. The school district prohibits the harassment of any individual for any of the categories listed above. For information about the types of conduct that constitute impermissible harassment and the school district’s internal procedures for addressing complaints of harassment, please refer to the school district’s policy on harassment and violence.
C. This policy applies to all areas of employment including hiring, discharge, promotion, compensation, facilities, or privileges of employment.
D. It is the responsibility of every school district employee to follow this policy.
E. Any person having a question regarding this policy should discuss it with Director of Administrative Services and Human Resources.
Source: Cambridge-Isanti Schools
Legal References: Minn. Stat. Ch. 363A (Minnesota Human Rights Act)
- 29 U.S.C. § 621 et seq. (Age Discrimination in Employment Act)
- 29 U.S.C. § 2615 (Family and Medical Leave Act)
- 38 U.S.C. § 4211 et seq. (Employment and Training of Veterans)
- 38 U.S.C. § 4301 et seq. (Employment and Reemployment Rights of Members of the Uniformed Services)
- 42 U.S.C. § 2000e et seq. (Title VII of the Civil Rights Act)
- 42 U.S.C. § 12101 et seq. (Equal Opportunity for Individuals with Disabilities)
Cross References: Policy 402 (Disability Nondiscrimination)
- Policy 405 (Veteran’s Preference)
- Policy 413 (Harassment and Violence
Reviewed: 6/21/01, 2-21-06, 5-22-08, 02-19-16
Approved: 5/18/76, 4/23/87, 7/22/93, 7/23/01, 3-23-06, 5-22-08, 7-22-10, 03-24-16