Supervisor initiated training
As a part of the training process, we instruct our custodial staff on the following ergonomic best practices:
- Store heavier items, 35 pounds or heavier, between knee and chest height
- Use a ladder or step stool to reach items stored above the shoulders
- Ask for assistance with heavy loads.
- Always ask yourself, “How can I make this task less strenuous.”
As a part of the training process, we instruct our food service staff on the following ergonomic best practices:
- Use small pans for heating liquids such as soup and gravy.
- Use carts to move product around in the kitchen.
- Utilize lower work surfaces like a cart surface for food prep.
- Use a “one-foot forward” stance when standing while working.
As a part of the training process, we instruct our staff members on the following best practices for avoiding slips and falls accidents in the classroom:
- Make sure all computer and power cords are secure to prevent a tripping hazard.
- Correct or report curled edges on rugs or mats.
- Clean up or report liquid on the floor.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping.