Next Meeting: CANCELLED
Cambridge-Isanti Schools would like to create a comprehensive long range facilities plan in partnership with the community. This committee will assess all needs of the district’s facilities and grounds and explore, discuss, and research the physical condition and utilization of instructional spaces of existing school sites, buildings, and other related infrastructure such as technology, mechanical, and electrical systems. The community engagement process will be led by Wold Architects and Engineers and we are looking for 40-50 members. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Kris Crocker, Director of Finance and Operations, at 763.689.6205 or email@example.com.
Role of Committee Members:
- Represent the entire community. They must have conversations with their neighbors and peers to discuss the ideas from the meeting and bring back a broad understanding of opinions.
- Review the data being presented to familiarize themselves with the needs of the District.
- Engage in the process to help determine and prioritize District needs and consider Options to address those needs.
- Reach consensus on a recommended approach for consideration of the School Board.
Expectations of Committee Members:
- Attend all meetings - this is critical in order to stay informed. There will be 6-8 meetings between now and December with each meeting lasting 2 hours long. There may be additional sub-committee meetings in between these meetings.
Be respectful of opinions. Everyone is there to review information and give their opinions. We don't all think the same way, but can agree to listen to others and consider their point of view.
Discuss items with their neighbors and peers in the community and bring that perspective back to the group for a broader understanding.
Reach consensus on a recommendation. This is not a vote, but rather an agreement to move forward with a recommendation once you believe all of the information has been presented and everyone has had their opportunity to provide insight and opinion.